I attended a dinner party over the weekend and had the most delicious artichokes that I had to share the recipe. They are so easy to make (I watched!) and a show stopper to bring to the table. Plus, artichokes are such a social food to eat, everyone digging in, dipping the leaves in either butter or mayo... a community dish that is fun to eat and simple to make.
I didn't put quantities on the ingredients as you basically just eye ball everything, and add as much of each of the ingredients as you would like. If some guests do not like the parsley, you can easily omit this.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- minced garlic
- chopped parsley
- granted parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 425 F
- remove the stems of the artichokes. Also trim off the top 1/4 of the artichoke, so the top is flat.
- squeeze the juice of half a lemon over each artichoke
- drizzle (don't be tame here!) with olive oil
- season with salt and pepper
- top with minced garlic. Use as much garlic as you like (1-3 TBS). Make sure the garlic goes between the artichoke leaves.
- add chopped parsley
- top the artichoke with grated parmesan. Don't be shy here. We used about 1/2 cup of parmesan per artichoke.
- wrap each artichoke in tinfoil and bake in the oven for 1hr.
- removed and garnish with more parsley and a little more grated parmesan!
- dip in either a side of mayo or melted butter
** wait until you get to the heart - its the best part!