You know some nights when you can't fall asleep because you are so excited for breakfast? Well, last night was one of those nights. Its so easy to become inspired with all the endless amounts of food pictures on every social media platform, and I fell victim to a tasty looking plate of french toast late last night.
French toast might be the easiest breakfast dish to make, and it always draws a crowd. A few less steps then pancakes and equality as satisfying, I wonder why I don't make them more often? Oh yea, they are not the healthiest of the bunch, but heck, every once in a while it is ok to indulge!
Cinnamon French Toast with Peanut Butter and Jelly
- 2 slices of bread (I used whole wheat) - Brioche would be sinful!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar mixed with 3 tbs of cinnamon
- peanut butter and jelly
- maple syrup
- Cut your bread into quarters lenghtwise
- beat your eggs in a bowl, set aside
- mix the cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl and set aside
- dunk the sliced bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides, and fry in a pan with either melted butter or spray
- flip once side is slightly browned, about 1 min a side
- coat the french toast in the cinnamon and sugar mixture on both sides
- layer with peanut butter and jelly
- top with maple syrup!