These cookies are the result of a "wing-it" recipe that turned out to be huge success. (Love it when that happens). They are totally plant based and gluten free and so simple to make. Im going to skip the fluffing words here and get right to the point.
Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups of raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 ts baking powder
- 3 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/2 melted coconut oil
- 1/2 coconut butter
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 vegan chocolate bar (I used a vegan chocolate bar from Whole Foods, chopped up)
- Pulse cashews in a food processor until it resembles flour (make sure not to blend too much otherwise it will turn into butter).
- Add the remaining dry ingredients (coconut flour, salt, baking powder, coconut sugar). Pulse.
- Add wet ingredients and banana. Pulse until combined
- Move mixture to a large bowl and fold in cranberries and chopped chocolate
- Let dough cool in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form dough into 2 inch balls. Press down slightly to make into a disk (they will not melt down as a regular cookie will).
- Bake for 10-12 mins
By the way - these freeze wonderfully, so pop in the freezer for a couple of weeks!