Wow, thats a mouthful of a title. Basically these cookies have everything good and nothing bad.
This recipe makes about 20 large cookies, and whatever you don't eat you can pop in the freezer for a later time.
- 5 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of natural peanut butter
- 6 tbs of maple syrup
- 6 tbs melted coconut oil
- 5 flax eggs (6 tbs of ground flax and 1 1/2 cups of warm water - let sit for 15 mins)
- 3 tbs vanilla extract
- 6 cups of rolled oats
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups of raisins
- 1 1/2 cups of shaved coconut
- 1 cup of diced walnuts
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add the maple syrup, peanut butter, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Mix well
- Add the dry ingredient, baking soda, cream of tartar, and oats.
- Fold in the coconut, walnuts and raisins
- Scoop 3 tbs worth of dough onto the baking sheets and form into a disk (they will not spread when baking).
- Bake for 12-14 mins and let cool on cooling rack
- Make the chocolate sauce by mixing all the ingredients together
- Using coconut ice cream (or any dairy free ice cream), add between two cookies. Quickly dip one half of the sandwich in the chocolate and place in the freezer immediately. Let the chocolate freeze for appx 20 mins.
- Take out and enjoy!